11. 09. 2019
On Writing Place
Done. We made it to the finish line. We brought together fourteen emerging regional playwrights from across regional Australia with mentors Emily Steel, Mary Anne Butler and Caleb Lewis for nine days.
We laughed, cried, ate, learned, dreamed, connected, created, wrote.
Here is a little snapshot of what Writing Place looked like and what it did:
- 14 emerging writers from across regional Australia +
- 3 mentors, each an established and excellent playwright +
- 1 Creative Producer and 1 emerging film-maker +
- 9 days residency in regional South Australia +
- masterclasses, small group mentoring, 1:1 mentoring +
- writing a 10minute monologue for a teenage performer +
- a reading evening with 10 invited industry guests from across the country and local VIP guests +
- 7 local young performers reading the monologues aloud =
Writing Place 2019.
I will share some more detailed reflections when I’ve had a chance to breathe in and out again.